In my business I regularly come across many fantastic systems designed to make our lives easier and more productive. This is the second of a series of blog posts wherein I share tips on ways that you can improve your productivity:
- Use a ‘To Do’ list. I always find it so much easier to plan and prioritise my days if I have a list of all my ‘to dos’ in front of me. Whether it be handwritten in a notebook, through Outlook’s task feature or an online system such as Remember The Milk, you will feel so much more organised once you’ve started.
- Subscribe by RSS to all your favourite blogs and read through a feed reader (i.e. Google Reader, and Outlook also has an RSS function) instead of physically visiting the site all the time. Why not start with this blog?!
- Manage your customer relationships with one of the many CRM systems available – Zoho, Salesforce and Highrise are all great options.
- Have a dedicated space for your home office. This may not always be possible but you will work best if you can separate your business and home life – and all the noise and interruptions that come with it.
- Start Now! Don’t procrastinate and put off until tomorrow what you could start today.
Well, those are all the words of wisdom I have for you this week. I hope you have found something here that you can implement to make your life a little easier. Stay tuned next week where I will share another five productivity tips, and of course, please feel free to comment if you have any that you would like to contribute.
Melissa is an online business manager and website designer, who works with fellow rockstar women-in-business, providing support to overhaul their web presence and grow their businesses beyond their wildest dreams!