A great routine to get yourself into with your Facebook page is writing and scheduling your posts in advance. This means that even if you get really busy during the week and don’t have the time to check in with your page, your posts are still popping up and it appears to your followers as if you are still around and actively interacting with them. Please note however, that scheduled posts shouldn’t form the entirety of your social media marketing plan – you should still be checking in regularly to post live updates, respond to comments and messages and to actually engage with your audience.
Facebook has recently implemented a scheduling function to assist with just this scenario!
Here’s how to schedule Facebook posts:
- Log into Facebook and navigate to your Facebook page
- Type your status update into the usual place
- Click the arrow beside the blue ‘Publish’ button and select ‘Schedule’
- Choose the date and time you would like your post to be published
- Click ‘Schedule’
- That’s it! Your post is now scheduled.
If you would like to see a list of the posts that you have scheduled:
- Click ‘Publishing Tools’ from your top page menu
- In the right-hand side bar choose ‘Scheduled Posts’
- This will show you the posts that you have scheduled.
- To edit a scheduled post, click on it to enter the edit screen and click the blue ‘Edit’ button to edit the text. Alternatively, click the arrow besides the blue ‘Edit’ button to reschedule or delete the post.
Melissa is an online business manager and website designer, who works with fellow rockstar women-in-business, providing support to overhaul their web presence and grow their businesses beyond their wildest dreams!