An essential part of maintaining a professional appearance in your business communications is your email signature. A good looking email signature (and I don’t mean just a one-liner with your name!) will give your contacts confidence that they are dealing with a person who is organised and professional.
When designing your email signature you want to include as much information as possible, without turning your signature block into a book! Some inclusions to consider are:
- Your name
- Business name
- Phone numbers
- Email address
- Website address
- Social media links
- Brief blurb about your business
Think of your auto signature as an extension of your brand and ensure that the colours and fonts that you choose closely match the branding that you use in other areas of your business communications.
Once you have designed your auto signature, here’s how to set up an auto signature in Gmail:
- Log into your Gmail account
- Click on the cog icon that appears on the top right hand corner of your screen
- Choose ‘Settings’ from the drop down menu
- Scroll down to the ‘Signature’ section
- Paste in the signature content that you have written
- Use the toolbar buttons to edit the formatting as required
- Scroll down and click ‘Save Changes’
- On your right hand navigation menu click the red ‘Compose’ button. Double check that your signature is appearing correctly.
Melissa is an online business manager and website designer, who works with fellow rockstar women-in-business, providing support to overhaul their web presence and grow their businesses beyond their wildest dreams!